Well, this is the question only the business owner can answer. However, the answer is generally YES!!! This is because, if you don’t do it, your competitor is going to do it and snatch your market share away
“Well, but, my products and services can’t really sell online, why do I need a website?”
Ask yourself, ask your co-worker, how many times in recent years that you have asked your favorite search engine, about the information, products and services you need? I believe, that should answered the question if you need a website for your business or not. Whoever is on yellow pages yesterday, will need to have a websites today.
Big MNCs need a website, same does a small business, and retailer, restaurant, lawyer, accountant, dentist, insurance agent, property agent, and even plumber need a website. If you don’t have a website, when I do a search on my search engine, your peers that own a website will get the business, not you. When you give someone a business card. They normally look if you have a website. Website now is a face of credibility.
Something great about internet is, it is a leveled battle field for us to play with the big guy. You are always just a click away from the big guy to win their business over. A well design, properly craft marketing message on your website can reflect a professional image on your small operation. A website should be the best friend of any small business. It is your PR agency, your advertising board, your marketing manager, your recruitment firm, and many more.
Getting yourself onto internet has been most important thing for any business in the recent years. Without putting yourself on the internet, means you are losing prospect, losing your market share, failed to generate new lead, and when all your competitors are up on the internet, where will be your business?
Here are more resons…
- It is cheaper that advertising, and it stay there almost forever
- You can use the website to interact with your prospect or your customer
- It can be a 24 sales machine
- It is a trend today where people will search on the web before they make up their mind about the purchasing decision
- It gives you far better reach to the customer that is outside of your local area.
- It is easier to get people to visit your website and understand about your business, than pick up their phone or visit your store personally.
- With the right applications running, you will improve productivity, e.g A website can be linked to your inventory and warehousing, POS etc